YMA has undertaken a number of initiatives to assist our community, customers and dealers who have been affected by adverse conditions – most notably during the recent drought and bush fires.
In particular, staff at YMA’s Wetherill Park, NSW head office held a fundraiser event recently to assist two young families who were struck by tragedy.
Volunteer firefighters from the Horsley Park Rural Fire Brigade, Geoffrey Keaton and Andrew O’Dwyer, died when the truck they were driving hit a fallen tree and overturned. Both left young children under two years old.
The firefighters are part of the crew who look after YMA’s head office community, and staff were eager to donate. YMA also chipped in which resulted in $10,000 being raised for each family.
Other YMA assistance initiatives include:
- Support of Fire Aid Ride from Windsor, NSW to the Grey Gum Cafe on Putty Road on Sunday 23 Feb. Check out the Fire Aid Ride Windsor to Putty facebook page here https://www.facebook.com/events/158964735550142/and all riders are welcome to join.
- Yamaha Financial Services has donated 20 x free tickets for the Yamaha Financial Services World Superbike event starting 28 Feb to VIC local Country Fire Authorities. At the event, YFS is running a competition to win one of three generators plus each winner also nominates a volunteer fire service to receive a generator.
- Yamaha Financial Services is also offering relief to bushfire affected areas – with increased floor plan support to dealers and finance relief for customers.
- During the recent Ténéré 700 launch, YMA donated a Yamaha EF3000iS generator to Wauchope fire control and a PW50 to Taree Lions for raffle to assist the hard hit Northern NSW community.
- Meanwhile YMA’s marine division has contributed a F5AMHS outboard motor to Hunts Marine in fire ravaged Batemans Bay to give away with a Quintrex boat as part of a raffle prize.